ozex I think more important will be what will be in happening in...

1. 10,404 Posts.
    ozex I think more important will be what will be in happening in Indonesia, Philippines, Papua New Guinea and the pacific region.

For example I have friends over Indonesia and yesterday I almost pleaded with a friend to leave Bali and go to his home island and stay with his family while there were still plentiful flights. He's hesitant because he uses his motorbike as a taxi. Which means he takes one person at a time without mask, gloves or any protection. Also he's waiting for the flight prices to drop. I pointed out if they bring in flight restrictions prices will go up stancially and he's stuck.

First I was flabbergasted that there were still inter island flights. Covid19 is being spread all over the country via aircraft travel and second it was unbelievable that he could take passengers on his bike. So much for social distance!!

He needs the money because he lost his hotel receptionists job. So it's a financial decision over safety.

Covid19 is being spread all over Indonesia and only in some places are lockdowns are enforced. Many markets are open all over the country and there is little restriction on movement.

A friend who works in a hospital in Jakarta has a different problem. He's not being paid. The private hospital is buying medical equipment and not paying staff. He said there were over 200 deaths so far but the infection rate has to be very high. Soon we will see an incredible spike in deaths.

There is a very real potential for nearly 2 million Indonesians to die within the next few months. Indonesia is an extremely complex country and put under such enormous stress anything can happen.

This is a very real regional threat.The aftermath is no better with millions and millions of unemployed struggling to stay alive.

The Indonesia problem has been very poorly managed and at the forefront is a political game of survival. The disintegration of Indonesia is probable. Very real, life has irreversibly changed.

A friend in need is............

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.