GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

global gold demand slumps , page-29

1. 438 Posts.
    I am as informed as I can be on such things, and am up on the concept of peak oil, global warming food shortages, etc. I certainly realise the potential catastrophic problems on the horizon.

Doesn't change my view on gold. Again, you are hearing my acknowledgement of most of your ideas, yc, yes? I'm only disagreeing with the "grain as money" idea.

This whole thing started with the usual "you can't eat gold", "what good is gold" nonsense.

Why don't you ask "what good is paper money"? And if you can't find a good answer send all of your folding to me. LOL.

Gold is even better than paper money as currency, as it's value is not dependent on a government's good credit. Commodities that are consumed or have other uses or that can be created at will are subject to undesirable supply and demand issues. The fact that gold has few other uses make it ideal to use as money.

The games being played with gold are specifically aimed at preventing it from becoming an alternate currency (which it would do organically because of the ideal nature of gold as currency) in competition with the cash cow that paper money is for the world's banks.

You really should read Rothbard's Mystery of Banking. It will open your eyes to the notion of debt as a form of slavery without actually referring to the idea directly. The facts are so plainly laid out that this conclusion just occurs to you.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.