PLS 1.29% $3.15 pilbara minerals limited

Global Lithium Supply

1. 7,282 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2661
    I am becoming increasingly frustrated by Press which alludes to this so-called abundance of lithium supply.

They are wrong.

My research indicates the following:

1. Most of the world's lithium resources are sub-economic primarily due to low grades and bad geography -in the case of hard rock.
    2. In the case of brines, the big issue is high magnesium to lithium ratios, rendering them sub-economic
    3. The world's largest lithium resources are in brines in Bolivia, which is not a holiday destination, and these deposits contain very high magnesium, so unmineable and probably never going to be economic
    4. Large lithium deposits also in clays and borates where there is no identifiable commercial route to production, and it will take years, if ever, to become viable
    5. Relevant (very) for PLS, is that there is no substitute for spodumene in a number of significant applications -ceramics (cooktops!), glass and smelting

Spodumene will be the most signficant source of new lithium production for the next 10-15 years. New brines will take years to come on stream and technological advances in spodumene processing will see production costs lowering to near brine costs

And that's that!

PLS will have the largest Spodumene deposit on the Planet very soon. Mark my words.

GLTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.15
Change
0.040(1.29%)
Mkt cap ! $9.420B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.16 $3.18 $3.12 $71.90M 22.82M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 112482 $3.15

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.16 320783 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.