global warming a scam, page-26

1. 174 Posts.
    "We don't have to worry about Gloabl Warming even if it is caused by CO2, because we have already burnt over half the remaining hydrocarbon reserves, and with projected demand, the rest will only last 30-40 years at best."

If global warming is caused by greenhouse gases then doubling the amount in the atmosphere is probably not the best idea.

"Its mostly driven at a political level. More politics than science.

As soon as you see that anyone with a different view gets howled down, then you can see the politics of it coming in."

I see people from both sides being equally flamed. My problem with global warming being a greenie conspiracy is that greenies have jack all money or power, whereas the large companies responsible for most of the emissions make huge political donations (to both sides) and have PR people on the payroll to ensure that their interests are more than adequately represented.

"Facts - 2007 was between .65 to .75c cooler than 2006. Temperatures have been cooling since 1998 - and have plateaued since 2002. Depending on what data you accept either 2 or 3 of the four hottest years in the last century were in the 1930s."

Can you cite a reference for this? Last I heard something like 7 of the last 8 years were the hottest on record, so I'm genuinely interested to see if this has been proven incorrect.

"Those are the uncontested facts. Global warming has little support left in the scientific community"

I'm sure you'd like this to be true, but I assure you it is not. Quite the opposite in fact.

"The issue clouded by emotion and political activists who since the fall of communism needed a new band wagon to jump on. It seems to me that the science and common sense has gone out the window."

Whose emotions are clouded exactly?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.