global warming excuse to swindle, page-21

1. 58,089 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    I too was very disappointed with Tony Jones' hosting of the program and the audience from another planet.
    The panel were just OK also.
    The doco itself clearly presented some of the data dishonestly as did Al Gore's doco, so IMO both sides of this issue are dishonest.

But is anthropogenic caused global warming happening, in all honesty I don't think anyone really knows. There is hard evidence both for and against so I think the jury is still out.
    I see nothing in my daily life to make me think the climate is changing. I have been alive for 57 years and IMO temperatures etc seem the same as I always remember them and sea levels appear the same as when I was a boy. Long term rainfall etc is as unpredictable as it has always been in this land of droughts and floods. In other words nothing in my local environment has changed significantly over the past 50 years nor is anything showing any sign of changing.

It was interesting to see the experts disagreeing on the show and I recall that 40 years ago many scientists were predicting global cooling, and more recently chaos by computer failure as the year 2000 began. Neither event came true. Most scientists got it completely wrong.

The ice caps on Mars are retreating at this time for unknown reasons but if Earth is also warming at the same time this might be a clue as to where to look for causes.

Historically the Earth's climate has changed dramatically many times, sometimes very quickly and there is evidence that sea levels have changed by as much as 10 metres in a hundred years. There is nothing to indicate much, if any change happening right now.

But of course now we are faced with carbon trading...a great new way for the elite of the world to make more money from nothing at the expense of the rest of us and also to the great detriment of the third world whom the western elite want to keep in economic chains.

Dave R.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.