global warming excuse to swindle, page-22

1. 4,287 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    dave, with regards to your comments about some of the data being presented dishonestly, I assume that you are referring to the graphs. I feel that any data on such graphs is only useful up to the last change in trend. After that the data may be interesting but can only be put into proper context once the trend reverses again. Trying to make predictions based on data running from some point in time up to the present time can be misleading. A good example is the argument put forward that rainfall in the last 30 years had been trending less, when 30 years ago, the 1970's were an abnormally wet period over much of Australia, and the last few years abnormally dry. If we now compare the trend over the last 40 years, 1967 being in the middle of a bad drought, and this year looking like being wetter than normal, the opposite can be demonstrated.
    Therefore I don't see the use of the graphs as being dishonest, it's just that many people seemed to be trying to draw conclusions that weren't intended.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.