RNE 0.00% 0.5¢ renu energy limited

I am just posting some thoughts on the board to see if others...

1. 359 Posts.
    I am just posting some thoughts on the board to see if others have been thinking about the hotchpot of things occurring about the country. The globe for that matter and wether some change in the exploitation of GDY's Cooper Basin operations could come to pass.

1. Leaders and representatives of many countries are about to meet in Copenhagen for a 'summit' to try and forge a concerted way forward on reducing polution from greenhouse gasses and ways to combat climate change.

2. PM Rudd wont be waving a thick document saying how his govt. will be initiating a new policy to cap, tax and reduce CO2 emmissions by 2020/2050 dramatically.
    (Thank God I'm saying. It may be a way to go but we will be better placed to decide after Copenhagen and I don't believe the world needs our advice on exactly how it should be done.)
    3. The coalition Liberal party will now be putting forth more of an alternative plan than just seeking concessions.
    eg. Their new fearless leader has made noises that he does not view nuclear as a total no,no. If that's the case all alternatives can be considered options I would think.
    4.I know this means more time being wasted in quangos, committees and endless debating, maybe a double dissolution which is all very unfortunate. If the climate change predictons are more or less correct there is a need to get cracking but I have big misgivings re the severe fiscal type methods of the Rudd proposals and I am pleased this will be more fully aired as well as taking the opportunity to see what other ideas come from Copenhagen at least before signing off a massivelymassively costly plan just a few weeks prematurely.
    5. Now, getting closer to home.Tony and his merry men will be looking at a more practical plan to reduce Australia's emmissions.
    It would seem to me we have options to change these levels in ways that would also be costly but maybe not as costly as the mooted $60 billion of The Rudd plan and in a rather less punishing way.
    6. It looks as though certainly the most polluting of the coal fired power generators must be phased out, like Victorias brown coal areas and the Port Augusta/Leigh creek units in South Australia for starters.
    7. We must have alternatives for his and we have thr worlds largest quality uranium deposits. Time to grow up and accept that many large, more advanced coutris than us have been doing this for decades now. France 85% nuclear and Japan something the same. It's no longer rare or novel.
    8. We also have of course the world's best hot rocks resources as we here all know.
    Now we have had this severe embarrasment of an unforseen problem and a badly burst pipe from hydrogen embrittlement type 'corrosion'.
    If this is insurmountable then GDY would just cut losses and shut up shop. This does not seem to be the case.
    The case seems to be having to abandon about 3 wells and start over on these. Quite a financial smack and a loss of time.

OK. I could go on but here's more than enough to paint the scene.

What I am thinking is, will all this stuff bring about a huge thrust to fast track projects like GDY, which could get operating faster than nuclear given the money, like lottts of money.No options issue or further share issues could ever do it. It would be like the Snowy Scheme only even bigger, much bigger. The government would have to sponsor it. There. I've said it.

As Australia fixed its coal fired generation of power most of our emmissions targets would be met or exceeded and it would work rather like a big, fat, Greek stimulus package.

Well. I can't back this all up with figures. It's shooting from the lip economics. So as I started out saying .
    Do any others have thoughts along these lines?

geojac

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $3.630M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $5.378K 1.116M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 195874 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 7451883 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.20pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RNE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.