global warming panic explained, page-22

1. 6,721 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Hi Opaline

Yes Opaline, I do understand why breathing doesn't add to net atmospheric CO2,it was just a quip, though you did say that you wanted to tax carbon "pollution" not net carbon "pollution"if I may be so pedantic. If we are going
    to be uber pedantic then the farmers who sequester the dreaded CO2 in crops will need to be paid for that act( to offset against production emissions via diesel etc) and it will have to be recovered somewhere and that is, conceivably from us, as final emitters,makes sense, no?

As you seem so eager to get others to pay for your AGW obsession via taxes
    or commissions to Goldman Sachs, what do you offer in return? Sure, you will feel good about "doing the right thing" but what about the rest of us that regard the whole exercise as a sophisticated pick pocketing? How do you feel about picking the pockets of your fellow citizens to assuage your guilt? Isn't that like stealing?

As for moving away from coal fired base load power, what do you suggest are the alternatives? Nuclear seems to be the only option. If that is the case why not just come out and say you want to scrap all of our coal fired infrastructure and replace it with nuclear power stations. We will understand.
    We will be happy to bankrupt ourselves so that you can feel ok about yourself.Of course, all the big emitters of "dreaded carbon pollution(TM)"
    ie China and India will be laughing at us for our stupidity. Are you OK with that?
    Just a final thought, who is going to pay for all the natural "dreaded carbon pollution(TM)" in the atmosphere, i.e. bacteriological, fungal, termite production (mostly methane, a much more potent GHG,so I am told), volcanic, ocean outgassing,animal farts etc which represents the majority of atmospheric CO2?

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.