I don't trust the graph actually came from that paper without...

1. 705 Posts.
    I don't trust the graph actually came from that paper without modification.

This quote from the abstract:

"The recent (in historical terms) dramatic increase in the rate of global sea level rise has not been explained, and no acceleration during the last century has been detected. This situation requires additional investigation and confirmation."

Now a check of when the paper was accepted for publication: 1996. The publication is almost 20 years old and the research itself would be even older.

Now to your graph which plots its "data" until 2011! Can you explain to me how a paper published in 1996 can include data to 2011?

Of course you can but you might need to use words like "fraud" or "lie" or euphemisms like "joke" or "mistake" even.

One way or another you just got caught fudging the facts my friend.

That said, I expect the link you gave provided a prescient sense of direction for the research. Here is the last bit from the abstract: "Direct altimetric satellite determinations of global sea level rise from satellites such as TOPEX/POSEIDON and its successors can provide an independent estimate in possibly a decade or so, and thereby ascertain whether or not there has been any recent change in the rate of global sea level rise."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.