Thank you for taking the time to read my posts. I have work on...

1. 705 Posts.
    Thank you for taking the time to read my posts.

I have work on today but have a few minutes to respond to some of your points.

Firstly, melting sea ice doesn't change sea levels because the water once displaced by the ice is balanced by melt volume.

Secondly, rates of sea level rise are measured in mm per year so year on year, not much changes. However if the rates get to 15mm a year or higher, then changes become more noticeable for a greater proportion of the population. In geological terms 15mm a year is towards the higher end of melt rates. However our current episode of global warming is unprecedented in its rate so who knows how rapidly sea levels will rise as grounded ice sheets melt?

I have grandchildren, perhaps you don't. One of the things we grandparents can do for our grandchildren is to provide for their futures. Education trust funds and the like can help provide them with a more secure future but unknown, future damage from climate change will be theirs to deal with. Present inaction is certain to make things worse for them. Perhaps people without grandchildren don't understand. I find your stated amusement perplexing.

I am interested in scientific truth. It is not about "batting" for one side or the other.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.