SFI 0.00% 9.0¢ spookfish limited

Gloomy Future

1. 10,437 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 142
    According to Katoom poster on nea he makes some pretty dire forecasts for both nea and by inference for SFI, so I though I would share one on his many quoted doom and gloom arguments for readers to consider:

" In my opinion aerial imagery will be made near obsolete by satellites, not only due to resolution,global coverage but also speed of image delivery. The main competitor wont be other aerial imagery companies but global Satellites imagery companies like DigitalGlobe backed by a 2bn market cap, they have launched WorldWide-3 25cm resolution satellite, I've discussed it's capabilities before on this forum.

DigitalGlobe recently obtain US Govt licence to sell images up to 25cm resolution previously it was 50cm, satellites aren't restricted by techonology but regulations on their commerical use.

Also comments from US Govt officals at the time, if there is going to be a dominate commercial global satellite image provider they want it to be a US company and will likely back them with licences they need for that reason.

https://www.digitalglobe.com/

Sure 25cm isn't 10cm but for majority of companies it's going to be more than enough resolution for their requirements, plus speed of image delivery,coverage area etc etc over aerial.

Kat. "

Comments welcomed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SFI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.