glotch v intheblack08: the official thread, page-3

1. 477 Posts.
    Yes, I think you have to just bookmark it in your browser.

What I don't understand is when people say that my investment strategy is an "excellent retirment strategy", or that it's a good "long-term strategy". If your strategies of picking speculative stocks works better than mine in the short-term, then why not just keep repeating your short-term stock picking over a lifetime, thereby achieving better results?

We all have the same goal: to achieve the highest returns possible. So if you all believe you can beat me over a six-month period, then why would any of you doubt that you could beat me over many years, considering that each year comprises two six-month periods in which you could supposedly outperform my portfolio? This is a matter of simple logic.

To be fair, I'm more likely to come 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th in this guessing game than I am to come 1st. This is due to sheer chance and the unpredictable noise inherent to any market, but as the great Ben Graham said: in the short term, the market is a voting machine; in the long term, it is a weighing machine.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.