GMC 0.00% 0.6¢ gulf manganese corporation limited

GMC Chart, page-73

1. 12,072 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1751
    Frankly, I don't care whether you buy or sell.
    What I do object to is incorrect information being sprouted on this stock.
    FaithfulServant, obviously has absolutely no idea of the price of FeSi.

"Not US$1600/tonne

Today's spot price for FeSi75, which is modelled to be used in GMC's smelting process[1], is between USD $940 ~ $960 / tonne[2]."

It is US$1500 to US$1600/tonne and has recently been as high as US$1840/tonne.
    FeSi is likely to return to US$1800/tonne again shortly as China is clamping down on polluters. The price of FeSi is also being pushed up by electricity prices in China as it takes 700

Have a read of OMH reports and you'll see the price.
    "Platts reported that prices of FeSi to Japan closed at $1,840 per metric tonne at the end of December 2017, up from $1,380 per metric tonne at the end of September 2017"

The price of FeSi was down in 2016 and that is where everybody gets their low prices from, but its closer to US$1500 to US$1600/tonne at the moment and I'll bet its US$1800 by the end of the year.
    FeSi Europe 2018.jpg
    GMC will be in an awkward situation if FeSi goes any higher, if FeSi goes back to US$1840/tonne it will make FeSi suppliers richer and GMC much poorer. GMCrequires 0.43/tonne FeSi to produce one tonne of MC FeMn.
    You can calculate the cost 0.43t at US$1600/tonne = US$688, thats a big chunk of money.

OMH at OMQ in China produces MC FeMn and already exports worldwide, unfortunately the cost of power in China at US$0.07 to US$0.08c/KWh limits the profits of OMQ. Profits at OMQ are in the order of 6% as against Sarawak which is 21%.The difference is due to the price of electricity.
    OMQ China.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.