ETM 0.00% 1.9¢ energy transition minerals ltd

GME Options

1. 384 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 103
    Hi GGG holders,

I am interested in starting a discussion on the upcoming elections given the impact on the company and importantly to us the SP.

Most may have seen my posts over the years and maybe seen me at the AGM’s and for those who know me know that I (like most I am sure) have always felt that the biggest risk for us is the political risk. Other project elements such as EIA & SIA, offtakes, project finance, project optimisation & resource recovery in my opinion are all in the hands of an experienced team led by a capable CEO and well supported with a Chinese industry leader. However as stated many times before the country is still divided when it comes to uranium mining and with the main opposition (IA) heavily opposed to uranium mining it is cause for concern to shareholders investment, hence the lagging SP.

The opinion poll that has been posted on wiki is concerning. I know people have noted the opinion poll in 2014 wasn’t favourable yet Kim still reigned supreme however I look at it like this, often the favourite horse will win the race however sometimes the favourite doesn’t. More often than not though the favourite does, which here would see IA win. That same analogy isn’t completely related as the opinion poll is showing a very small margin of difference (1-2%). I also realise that Kim has called the election early as he believes it is more favourable for him to do so, but again the opinion poll doesn’t seem to substantiate this. Has anyone seen or heard any more recent information? That poll was dated 21-24th March.

My discussion point is what are GME’s options post-election. We know the answer if Kim and the Siumut party win or form the leading coalition, then business as normal and GME will submit the final permitting (EIA / SIA) paperwork in June and then public hearing, hopefully a ML while further optimisation, finance updates, etc are progressed for the rest of the year. All hugely positive for shareholders and the company.

If the election is not favourable and the Inuit Ataqatigiit (IA) party win then what happens? I understand it is a crystal ball discussion point, but hey its already a speculative stock so perhaps there are some educated / experienced holders or HC posters who could provide some insight?

I am not overly interested in the GME will sue the Greenland government scenario. If a ban is imposed then I am sure there may be some justification to have some of the funds spent over the years recovered but this would be a long drawn out process if it was to even eventuate. By then the SP would have tanked and I’m sure most holders will have pulled their money out and wouldn’t be waiting on recovered moneys through the international courts. I am more interested in whether GME have the right to battle the Government on the ban itself. If the uranium ban was re-instated how quickly could this occur, and is there still a chance that if IA win and want to re-instate the ban that they are unable to get it across the line still? I believe last time it all came down to one vote. I am unsure the process.

Maybe this is a discussion point, maybe it’s just my way to vent my concern but hoping some have input that may be useful leading into this remaining 2 weeks of pre-election campaigning.

Cheers,
    Floated

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ETM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $26.68M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.9¢ 2.0¢ 1.9¢ $11.93K 600.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 1923860 1.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.0¢ 142683 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.15pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ETM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.