QAN 0.08% $6.23 qantas airways limited

Imo, I reckon Alan Joyce did a cracking job keeping Qantas...

1. 37,424 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 407
    Imo, I reckon Alan Joyce did a cracking job keeping Qantas afloat during the sudden existential Covid crises with planes, zero income and huge expenses.

Qantas is NOT a social security provider. Courts agreed there was need for managed retrenchment during the early covid shutdown days. I am sure they didn’t let go people critical to kick starting the company when travel regulations permitted.

It might have taken just 6 months or less for lesser management to send Qantas broke without income from the core business of flying. Suck it up wingers. Service might have been wanting for the recent tough years, but we still have a national airline.

It sickens me seeing Labor politicians and LW media crash tackling the man, forcing his early retirement and now actually threatening him with jail time if he does not attend a senate enquiry into a range of matters that essentially kept Qantas solvent.

Its a slippery slope for the new CEO to roll over on every woke issue Labor and LW media throw at her.

Job well done Alan.

Dex

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.23
Change
0.005(0.08%)
Mkt cap ! $10.15B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.25 $6.27 $6.22 $4.745M 760.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
21 5509 $6.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.23 57842 46
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.56am 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.