QAN 1.45% $6.30 qantas airways limited

I buy the 'Weekend Australian' but unfortunately it takes me all...

1. 138 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 35
    I buy the 'Weekend Australian' but unfortunately it takes me all week to read it. In the 30/10/23 edition a South Australian
    correspondent called David Penberthy recounts his story about the "Chairmans Lounge" membership he received because he was
    married to a federal politician a few years back.

He was in New Orleans with his father at "Louis Armstrong airport" when he found that his flight had been cancelled due to
    some storm damage the night before. Rather than put up with the teeming crowd in the queue he went to the first class desk
    and flashed his Chairman's Lounge card. He was directed to the American Airlines First Class Lounge.
    Without going into the details he described it was sufficient to say that they were treated to food and drink that he could never
    afford out on the streets and the waitresses looked like Raquel Welch (or at least how she used to look for oldies like me).
    Within no time the concierge brought over his new tickets and boarding passes, they had hot showers, and were on their way while the
    crowd on the floor below were still arguing and waiting in the queues.

He felt a little guilty tipping a bucket on Qantas because he still has dreams about his Chairman's Lounge experiences but
    he felt it was about time he illustrated the way people in important positions are treated cf. the rest of us.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.30
Change
0.090(1.45%)
Mkt cap ! $10.26B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.22 $6.36 $6.22 $62.64M 9.955M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 10696 $6.28

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.30 29707 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.28
  Change
0.090 ( 1.10 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.22 $6.35 $6.22 2692296
Last updated 15.59pm 09/05/2024 ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.