LKE 6.36% 5.9¢ lake resources n.l.

I think LKE could be a good buy right now because someone with...

1. 4,815 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1781

I think LKE could be a good buy right now because someone with $15 million decided to throw some money in. Plus the cap raise announcement has seen the share price drop from 12 cents to 6 cents nothing else about the company changed so people buying today might be picking up shares at a substantial discount to the price people were willing to pay, what about a week ago.
    Another positive is that the lithium price has gone from $13 a kilo to $16. It's not much of a rise but it is in the right direction. I don't see it going above $25 because that's a price that will kickstart a lot of other production and LKE need $30+ to make a profit.
    The one card up LKE's sleeve is the environment
    A lot of the Chinese swing production is Lepidolite. For every ton of lithium from Lepidolite they produce 30 tons of waste.
    Spodumene is better but producing lithium from Spodumene involves roasting it at 1100 degrees centigrade and roasting it a second time in a sulphuric acid bath before adding lime and soda ash. It's very energy intensive.
    The only place that seems to worry about green lithium is the EU where they have developed a battery passport system and this may lead to a niche market for lithium produced in a sustainable way.
    So there's my position a buy today might benefit from a general rise in the lithium price but Kachi is not economic below $30 a kilo and I can't see that happening but Kachi might get green lighted due to it's superior environmental and social credentials.
    Cue the real downrampers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
0.004(6.36%)
Mkt cap ! $96.23M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.6¢ 5.9¢ 5.6¢ $97.58K 1.709M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 372196 5.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.9¢ 830068 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.37am 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.8¢
  Change
0.004 ( 5.45 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.6¢ 5.9¢ 5.6¢ 935946
Last updated 11.57am 29/04/2024 ?
LKE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.