goblin excepted

1. 9,941 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 104
    I've had an idea. Call it an Easter miracle.

I've noticed that the list of Hotcopper's Top 10 Posters of All Time is dominated by suspended lunatics (Goblin excepted).

I call for their *reinstatement* !

The immediate result of such an inititiave would be that the boards will be dominated by the aforementioned lunatics (Goblin excepted). I expect that out of 100 posts 90 would be loonie 'shield' posts, which nobody would read (Goblin excepted), 9 posts would be 'star' moderator posts which everyone would skip (lets face it, how many times do you need to be reminded that the moderators do a difficult and thankless job) and only 1 message in a hundred will be genuine and worth reading.

As members become accustomed to this new reality, having no badge will become the new *badge of honour*. Everyone will quickly flick through the pages to read those rare 1 in a 100 posts.

This will inevitably force a rethink amongst the ranks of the Frequent 'Shield' Posters. Recognising the futility of flooding the board with thousands of low-content and *UNREAD* posts, they will, over time, modify their posting pattern to one of lower frequency and higher content.

Ultimately, in such an environment there will be only one badged poster left.
    Goblin.
    Excepted.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.