goblin off to the phillipines, page-28

1. 12,484 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Taddy - you are running on stereotypes there. Those old guys getting mail-order brides exist of course. But who wins and who loses? - it works both ways. It could be successful and if not the Filipina may benefit if she gets dual citizenship.

The exploited vulnerable girls need to be protected by law, and they will be better off in Australia than the Philippines (I hope). Like you Taddy - I feel huge empathy for the young women that believe a dream and end up in a nightmare with some asshole. But you can't just eliminate scum from the planet and the vulnerable will always be preyed upon. On the flip side, there has been many disingenuous Filipinas happy to screw over a warm hearted white guy for every thing he's worth. There are many.

Clacoste laid it out perfectly to break down those stereotypes. Whilst the country is not PC at all, what other country can claim to have two female Presidents in the last 25 years? There is no glass ceiling in the country and many organisations are headed by women, including police and army. The complaints that women have about men are exactly the same as in any PC country. And the injustices suffered are mostly due to the dysfunctional administration rather than systemic or ideological. But don't get me wrong - it needs a lot of improvement.

FWIW - my last female guest here from Aus in the Philippines has just been admitted as a judge - an ex romance from my younger years. My female company last night were Filipinas. I enjoy the company of both equally without some limitation of social acceptance by either groups. On the gossip count - the judge had her first lesbian experience in the country. One may claim that is exploitation, except no money ever changed hands. Thank god this is an anonymous forum. For me it was unforgettable.

Filipinos, male or female, genuinely enjoy the company of whities and vice versa. And that is a beauty of the country that sets it outside other.

Trust me - the stereotypes are there and they do suck. But they are not universal and nothing that Dino has said fulfils that criteria. As for Gob's Guinness Book of Record mission, well that is another matter. But I wish him well.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.