god and communication, page-17

1. 11,921 Posts.
    Ozeb, I don't know if you have ever experienced young children that have responded well to training received who on reaching teenage years 'just don't get it.' Is it because the parents no longer communicate well? Or is it rather an attitude problem has developed?
    Jesus highlighted the problem he had in reaching those to whom he preached.
    Matthew 11:16?“With whom will I compare this generation? It is like young children sitting in the marketplaces who call out to their playmates, 17?saying: ‘We played the flute for you, but you did not dance; we wailed, but you did not beat yourselves in grief.’ 18?Likewise, John came neither eating nor drinking, but people say, ‘He has a demon.’ 19?The Son of man did come eating and drinking, but people say, ‘Look! A man who is a glutton and is given to drinking wine, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’ All the same, wisdom is proved righteous by its works.”
    He then went on to declare:
    (Matthew 11:25) At that time Jesus said in response: “I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to young children.
    Jesus knew that to unlock the spiritual truth found in the Bible, we need two things: God’s help and the right heart attitude.

Jehovah favors the humble, not the haughty. (James 4:6) He hides the truth from “wise and intellectual ones”—worldly-wise and learned ones who in their pride and self-reliance feel no need for his help. (1 Corinthians 1:19-21) But he reveals the truth to “young children”—those who come to him with sincere hearts, showing childlike humility. (Matthew 18:1-4; 1 Corinthians 1:26-28) God’s Son, Jesus, saw such responses firsthand. Many proud, highly educated religious leaders did not get the sense of Jesus’ message, but humble fishermen did. (Matthew 4:18-22; 23:1-5; Acts 4:13) At the same time, some wealthy and educated ones who showed genuine humility became Jesus’ followers.—Luke 19:1, 2, 8; Acts 22:1-3.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.