god and communication, page-76

1. 1,452 Posts.
    rm

You are aware what this scripture refers to...

New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (NRSVCE)

16 one who has become a priest, not through a legal requirement concerning physical descent, but through the power of an indestructible life.

And I'm sure you also must be aware what this scripture is saying...

16 Who only hath immortality, and dwelleth in the light that none can attain unto, whom never man saw, neither can see, unto whom be honor and power everlasting, Amen.

As you surely must understand this....

New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (NRSVCE)

20 The Father loves the Son and shows him all that he himself is doing; and he will show him greater works than these, so that you will be astonished.

Therefore I'll be using my finger to prop up your lower lip once you realize the ramifications of this....

26 For just as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself;

Jehovah is immortal. His subjects are given everlasting life through his grace. Jesus has been given immortality by his father. That means for being a ransom sacrifice for all mankind, Jehovah has given him "life in himself". If Jesus was formerly god and had immortal life already why would he need to give it back to himself as on his death as a human he already re-entered the spirit realm.

And once more just to drive that final nail well and truly home.

36 But I have a testimony greater than John’s. The works that the Father has given me to complete, the very works that I am doing, testify on my behalf that the Father has sent me. 37 And the Father who sent me has himself testified on my behalf. You have never heard his voice or seen his form, 38 and you do not have his word abiding in you, because you do not believe him whom he has sent.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.