god and communication, page-99

1. 6,580 Posts.
    ozeb

I've been away so I'm out of the loop and you may not see this post of mine.

Firstly, that is a very good question, one of the better ones - I don't believe anybody, myself included, will give you or can give you a definitive answer. My take is as follows.

We have a non-physical presence, eternal and beyond our comprehension communicating with the generality of humankind. The message has to come from a Primal Point, a single source because if (God), whatever it is, spoke to everyone the message would be the mother of all misinterpretation. That being said, I believe individuals might possibly be inspired but not directly communicated to. Those Primal Points include the likes of the Buddha, Christ etc, and undoubtedly previous Teachers lost in the mists of time.

The language is rich and complex, filled with metaphor and symbolism so that the deeper meanings require real effort to extract. There must be spiritual rewards for the great effort required to uncover the real truth at the core of these teachings. There is also an on the surface, simplistic meaning that satisfies another level of understanding and still offers benefit.

So, 'people just don't listen' is way too simplistic. The problem is they do listen to others who have established a dogma full of mistakes and incorrect interpretations and get caught up in the slip-stream of error.

As for being dreadful at communicating. Yes, it would seem so but there may be no other way to train a human being. If a single religious moment or experience is considered the only time (God) has spoken to us then I guess as we become more socially and intellectually sophisticated the message becomes more meaningless, such as a literal Old testament, for example. That's why I think some kind of progressive revelation is in play so that the message meets the needs of the age.

Why it (the Bible), is not clear and concise is a great conundrum, yet it must be the essential journey. 'Most just can't read it', gets proved over and over again with a multitude of illogical, literal translations that insult our intelligence.

A genuine seeker of truth, devoted to the love of the Christ will only scratch the surface of His teachings in a lifetime. It is interesting to see what others can achieve in 38 seconds.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.