FAR 1.04% 48.5¢ far limited

God bless Malcy

1. 557 Posts.
    Chris says:
    5 January 2016 at 3:11 am
    Hi Malcy, from over here in Oz we really appreciate your coverage of FAR. It’s so refreshing and encouraging for a high-profile industry pro to be recognising the quite staggering things FAR has achieved and the prospects of the even greater things to come in Senegal. However, presumably you too are astonished by the poor showing of the SP on the ASX. There is an array of obvious factors – the oil price/sector sentiment and Cairn’s underwhelming approach to PR being chief among them, but it remains a mystery as to how the market can continue to ignore the slowly emerging facts. One begins to believe the conspiracy theorists and their market manipulation, FAR being Exhibit A thanks to its vast share register. Do you have any thoughts about what’s holding the SP down? Yesterday’s events would have sent the price rocketing in days of yore, yet somehow we find ourselves in the red today. Being a long-termer I’m not concerned about the end-game, but it is pretty infuriating and, being human, one can’t help but begin to doubt that anything will ever get this thing off the floor of the ASX. SNE-3 and Bellatrix will no doubt come in with the success of SNE-2; resource estimates will rise heartily; commerciality will be declared in 2016 (all in my opinion of course), but I’m seriously starting to question whether any of that will budge the SP one iota. With each event a month or two apart, will the price rise briefly only to die on its short-lived flight, then settle back at pre-announcement levels until…until what??? I guess the prospect of a takeover becomes the only sure-fire catalyst…
    • Malcy says:
      5 January 2016 at 11:01 am
      Hi Chris, thanks for getting in touch and I share your sympathies although never invest in shares i write about. I guess that in this sort of market it is somewhat inevitable that prices will be under pressure but this is ludicrous. I follow Far because it is by a long way the best way to play this but you are right about Cairn hiding its light under a bushel. They didnt even have a conference call yesterday, i suspect they will have to after SNE-3 when estimates will go up. You will get your money from Far but I hope that Cath doesnt sell out too cheaply, there will be a tendency to think that Conoco are the only game in town and they will know that. Bearing in mind that her team virtually got this discovery off the ground singlehandedly it would be a shame not to have it recognised. Must be worth 20c of anybody’s money….
      All the best,
      Malcy
    - See more at: http://www.malcysblog.com/2016/01/oil-price-cairnfar-sound-energy-and-finally/#comments

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
48.5¢
Change
0.005(1.04%)
Mkt cap ! $44.81M
Open High Low Value Volume
48.5¢ 48.5¢ 48.5¢ $10.11K 20.85K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 99195 48.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.5¢ 2000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.19am 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.