God, page-151

1. 11,967 Posts.
    Satan deceived Eve into thinking that if she ate, she would be enlightened
    ------------
    That's right! !t was Satan the invisible deceiver that made the absurd claim:
    (Genesis 3:5) For God knows that in the very day you eat from it, your eyes will be opened and you will be like God, knowing good and bad.”
    Rather than receiving some miraculous enlightenment they now suffered the torment of a wounded conscience.
    (Genesis 3:8) Later they heard the voice of Jehovah God as he was walking in the garden about the breezy part of the day, and the man and his wife hid from the face of Jehovah God among the trees of the garden.
    Rather than God having laid a baited trap to deliberately ensnare our ancestors He had assigned an "anointed covering cherub" that became consumed by covetous ambition.
    In a dirge concerning the king of Tyre the pattern is described:
    " I assigned you as the anointed covering cherub. You were on the holy mountain of God, and you walked about among fiery stones.  You were faultless in your ways from the day you were created Until unrighteousness was found in you."---- Ezekiel 28:14,15
    Satan sought for himself the worship that rightly belongs to Jehovah as shown by what he said to Jesus:
    (Matthew 4:9) And he said to him: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.”
    Jesus was not duped as was Eve or disloyal as was Adam.
    (1 Timothy 2:14) Also, Adam was not deceived, but the woman was thoroughly deceived and became a transgressor.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.