God, page-34

1. 1,369 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 55
    I see what you are saying candid, and I agree that it can be perceived that way, but I feel that having a life after death for much of the population is split between providing comfort in the belief that it's not all just going to end (I don't believe in an afterlife, but I wish I did.. as the idea of death, in it's permanent nothingness, is absolutely terrifying), that there is something we are all working towards.
    And the other people who believe so completely in a god, that they dedicate their lives to living a truly GOOD life as to return to His infinite majesty for eternity.

I used to attend a church, and many of my friends are religious in many different forms and strength of belief, and I could never say that they were "fooling themselves" or missing out on something special. My best friend is a strict mormon, and I love her to death, she avoids alcohol, drugs, caffeine, sex among other things.. but she lives a much fuller life than I do with them.

It's not about a fear of god, it's about living your life the way you want to, to further themselves, to achieve the most fulfillment from life, and to eventually die happy with their choices in life.
    If you lived in fear of god, you would quickly turn away from him and decide not to believe.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.