Godlike doctors

1. 270 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    I have just watched an interview with an elderly, but fit, lady that has just been discharged from hospital after suffering with the corona virus.

On her discharge form, it states “do not resuscitate”, an order the doctor gave while she was being treated.

I cannot believe a doctor in civilised country would treat their patients with such contempt.
    OK, if the hospital was overcrowded with patients and it came down to a young person dying or an elderly person, then I would be the first to put up my hand, but there were empty beds so totally unnecessary.

Some doctors do believe they are god.

Late last year, a family member, wheelchair bound and suffering cancer, underwent an operation and had to be resuscitated. Another doctor told him if that had occurred on his watch he would not have attempted resuscitation.

Another incident a few years ago, a doctor made a house call to see an elderly lady that a family member cared for.
    The doctor gave her a morphine injection and the lady died soon after.

This lady did suffer with pain but she also stated at one time that she did not want to die.

I’m over 70, fit, active and healthy and very concerned if I ended up in hospital, that a doctor, a person committed to saving a life, can also make a decision to end a life.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.