GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

going ape droppings atm

1. 5,867 Posts.
    Am personally long the stuff so naturally happy but the speed of the lift is a bit annoying.

Wish this was closer to 30th June and could shuffle the pesos into a fresh tax year. Get cheap hols to Greek Islands, buy a UK manor or two, lodge a quick and dirty T/O for Spain- just a bit of the usual?

How long until the innocents question IGRs profit and loss for 30/6/10 given the modern day accounting methods of mark to market going through the P&L. Unlucky sods sold forward a couple of weeks ago (at a healthy cash margin!) and now the audit assasins will give a massive red splodge to their accounts if the gold price stays at current levels at which the returns would be moderately sensational subject to K. Rudds recent brain wave.(Memo to self: tell all auditors to get a real job. Then tell K. Rudd, wish he had had a real job!)

It would be rather interesting if someone announced a decent gold discovery. Reckon tghe market would do cartwheels irrespective of Canberra's machinations. My definition of decent is Tropicana size, ie multi million ounces (and that was discovered many moons ago).

Oh well. Just have to retain my exposure in the short term.

Cheers, TAS

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.