AUL 0.00% 28.5¢ austar gold limited

going for a bit of a run?, page-32

1. 806 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 129
    Mrs P

I think you will find that the Djungan don't want "invasive" mining of the mesa.

Calcifer's intentions were to long wall mine the mesa which was obviously not respecting the cultural and natural heritage of the mesa/area.

There are a number of ways that CSG could be mined that would be non-invasive whilst retaining the heritage of the site.

At this stage, the exploration will be out from the base of the mesa once ILUA granted...not the mesa itself were the known mined coal deposits are.

Hopefully, the coal seams will extend beyond the mesa and there will be plenty of it.

If not, then the next step is to negotiate access to the mesa in one form or another.

IK did reiterate at the AGM that MNM's relationship with the Djungan was very good and that the Djungan people wanted this project to proceed and they were the ones that ultimately controlled the use of the land in that area.

The Board were fairly confident that MtM would have a successful outcome - one way or the other - but did reiterate that any outcome would be with the Djungan's full co-operation and respect to their values and their land.

Cheers K

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.