SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Going going gone, page-436

1. 482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 33
    Hi Lone Ranger, I'm referring to people being driven by greed and buying in now (and encouraging others to load up the truck) simply because the share price is at a heavy discount to where it once was and therefore it must return to that and make them very rich. The thought of this (astronomical returns) seems to have formed the basis of their investing.

And by heavy losses I'm not specifically referring to SGH, rather people mistaking a few flukey successes from speculative investment as vindication of what is effectively noise trading. Because keep doing that and sooner or later, more likely sooner, basing investment decisions on shallow emotive reasoning, especially greed, will lead a person to miss the signals and lose heavily.

For what it's worth non holders aren't here picking over anyone's bones and aren't here to gloat, I personally don't care if anyone believes me on that or not and I suspect the other non holders feel the same. I'm here because this is shaping up as a big event in Australian corporate history so I'm watching and learning and I suspect that is the same for the other non holders. There are no experts only an accumulation of shared individual experiences and observations. People who want to succeed in investing know there is always more to learn and take the opportunity to learn from each other - simple as that. And I have yet to read where anyone who said that this is an unwise investment at this point in time predict any specific guaranteed outcome and timeline but there has been plenty of upramping from some of your fellow predicting outcomes and timelines.

Having said all of that, I don't think anyone will say I told you so to you personally, you've been balanced and fair minded. Prior to this thing taking a hit last week there were plenty of people holding who have been smug and abusive to anyone who either disagreed with them or worse still sold their holding to preserve capital. That does not include the likes of yourself, Lakota, Christopher C, Melrosian and a few others who are able to have a civil discussion despite holding contrary points of view and I genuinely wish you well.

Monday will bring what Monday will bring but short of a miracle the trajectory of this stock has been unhappily predictable since the corresponding ANN February 2016. Having said that it is the health of the company, the quality of the stewardship, and the level of debt and the deals which will be forced on them which are of more concern that the SP. SP levels go up and down. I hope for your sake that a deal is done which allays market fears and raises the SP to a point which reduces your debt.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.