ORG 0.21% $9.64 origin energy limited

Gindaldan the climate crisis is a real issue but there's no real...

1. 121 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21

Gindaldan the climate crisis is a real issue but there's no real plan to address it - don't tar all activists with the same brush. I am probably the odd one among them who realises that without ORG's peaker plants and even their base load and one coal station there will be blackouts.

ORG are smart to have the flexible units, coal power stations face an uncertain future - there'll be no spending money on Eraring until 2030 decommissioning.

"Green investors" will be victims of the bubble in electric vehicle stocks - I don't see winners in this situation or benefit in picking sides. Our ecosystems are kinda important, our society is wasteful.

The people in charge of large corporations and government bear primary responsibility but are doing nothing except talk.

The cost of Lithium ion batteries is high, alternatives exist but receive minimal R&D.

At today's price in relation to it's prospects the risk of long term capital loss for ORG investors is extremely low. Buy or sell I am too small to impact management decisions - this is not a moral decision.

The need is to boycott both production and consumption of fossil fuels but our political and economic systems aren't up to the task. Boycotting only production just creates shortages - when that happens things will start getting crazy.
    V_H a few years ago I was making this argument about STO, now ORG is cheaper I like ORG better.

The biggest risk factor I can see is the lone star reversion lawsuit with APLNG gas.

You can always make up reasons to work backward from today's stock price to justify the value of the business. I just think Mr Markets making mistakes again so Gindaldan and I will scalp him for it once more.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ORG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.64
Change
0.020(0.21%)
Mkt cap ! $16.60B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.62 $9.66 $9.58 $19.13M 1.987M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 12887 $9.60

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.65 15283 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$9.64
  Change
0.020 ( 0.27 %)
Open High Low Volume
$9.60 $9.66 $9.59 630721
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
ORG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.