GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

May I please step in because it seems Skol is busy and not many...

1. 679 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    May I please step in because it seems Skol is busy and not many others are on the edge of their seats to have this convo.

We have three game changing events happening in the next year. One is the US winding down stimulus and two is Europe winding down stimulus in February of 2016. Each will coincide with a strengthening of the dollar and euro but also a deflation of assets embroiled in debt. People will either seek refuge in their currency which is a possible precursor to inflation or they will seek refuge in gold, which is independent of interest rates. Of course if a major economy then decides to do stimulus then money will flow there. But assuming this does not happen then the final game changing event of the year is the US election where fiscal policy can finally take the drivers seat away from monetary policy, which was never designed to control the economy like it has since the nineties. From a fiscal policy platform essential structural changes can be made to the US economy to minimise the destruction of rate rises. However, the Republicans have historically proven themselves to be Austrian pioneers with exception to Clinton, who was seen as a traitor to the left. Famous Republicans are bearish and stack. Republicans like Paul would like nothing more than the market correction that the Keynesians fought against. Really, it is an exciting year for gold, if only to watch the first Austrian seedlings sprout from the earth encouraging the precious metal bugs to watch something grow and to stack.

My prediction is 1320 february and 1409 after the US election.

Sorry chaz... if skol want to tip his hat in after this conjecture then I too would be interested to see his point of view.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.