GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Gold – the final bubble, page-18

1. 1,068 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1735
    Hi @23skidoo - This is one possibility which may or may not happen. The revaluation might not necessarily happen against the USD. It could be a new currency altogether or something like IMF SDR's. Of course, it might not happen either. Now what if a currency had the backing of a lot of gold and it was also required to create an aura of a gold backed currency? In that case, gold revaluation upward could help. Anyway, this is just one of the theories.

Hi @Sector Lead - Well mate, you can put our past differences on property aside and at least reward me with a like on my original comment if you liked it It will be a story that I can tell to my grandkids that Sector Lead actually liked a macro comment of mine Maybe someday, you'll also agree with me on property. I did tell you ages ago that gold was my first love.

With regards to TON, I don't drop it on every thread as you said (check my comment history and I have been barely commenting on anything but TON recently), but if a comment is relevant then I'll definitely be linking it instead of typing it again. I don't particularly enjoy typing stuff again and don't have the time for it either. Even in my previous comment, I linked another comment that I had passed on BDR 1-2 months back.

Gold and gold stocks are in exactly the same category - fundamentally grossly undervalued with the trading vs investing issue coming up from time to time, and I wanted to remind everyone that no one is right or wrong here - just play to your strengths and decide first whether you are DT, STT or long termer before playing with goldies.

To answer your question - There are many decent goldies and of course all the 5 goldies that @AverageJoe mentioned can be considered. My personal favourites are DRM (Aus), BDR (Brazil), RRL (Aus) and TGZ (Africa). Note that I am talking from longer term angle. But really, everyone has their own favourites. I also own TRY by the way and have owned MML and SLR (the other 2 names mentioned by AverageJoe) in the past.

@Doug Diamond - To the best of my knowledge, that is often misquoted and the real quote was as I mentioned that he said that "all money is gold." When one really thinks about it, this quote is even more powerful and meaningful than "all gold is money." All "money is gold" is far more powerful as if that was followed, then none of the devaluation and QE in the recent past would have ever happened. By not following this principle, we end up with bubbles and artificial inflation.

@Skol - Simple answer mate. I actually answered your question before you asked it and explained why the gold chart looks like that in the very 1st 2 comments of my OP - the GLD hammering which started the bear market and the talks of tighter monetary policy, which continued the bear market.
    But if you look at the chart, point 2 has had minimal impact on breaking gold further over the past 2 years and the 1180-1380 range has more or less remained. IMHO, gold could be forming a base for a much higher leg upwards, and the real bubble in gold has possibly not even started. The bear market of the last 2 years could be a great opportunity to shift some of their gold allocated funds to gold stocks.
    With regards to your comments on prescient, expert opinions, I claim to be neither. I'm just presenting my humble opinions and best understanding of what I believe to be the longer term fundamentals. Everyone is free to do what they want next and definitely DYOR.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.