GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Gold – the final bubble, page-4286

1. 43,336 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1025
    At such point according to Keynes monetary policy ceases to be effective, causing an economy to stay for a long period of time in equilibrium at bellow full employment. According to Keynes too, for an economy to quickly recover from such stage only deficit spending becomes an effective mechanism

Infose, I did not read the rest of your post but will reserve it for later digestion since it is very academic in nature and my economic understanding is limited.

I never did understand how if using the US example, they dug themselves a big hole culminating to GFC then resort to deficit spending to raise the employment. They already have a big debt to pay out or to sustain the borrowing cost and deficit spending can only worsen the debt situation?

The only way I can reconcile what is happening is as the debt grow, the stimulus will eventually stoke growth which will stimulate inflation. As inflation expands, the side effect of growing GDP, the debt to GDP ratio falls or will maintain at a sustainable rate. So in effect nothing changes with the debt pile besides an aim for sustainability of an ever growing debt pile? It feels like 20 years ago you can buy a house for 100K and now the salary of an average individual could afford that house but inflationary pressures has maintained that house prices to Av salary ratio so nothing has changed. You just feel 'richer' because the numerical value of wage has expanded but so has everything else.

So the 'printing of money' is only desirable if US maintains its reserve currency status. In order to do that it either has to make itself the most attractive economy to invest hence the world generator or maintenance of wealth OR make sure that NO ONE will replace itself. Essentially using whatever means (political, military or economic) to maintain that number 1 status?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.