gold & a nuclear strike..., page-27

1. 4,941 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 147
    re: gold & a nuclear strike...ziro Hi Ziro,

With all due respect, are you serious in asking what will happen to gold stocks in the event of your February 2 rumour taking place?

Simply put, have you actually read and understood what the DEBKAFILE statement of 31/12 is all about.

If this were even remotely true, then the toll would be measured in the millions (HUMAN FATALITIES), billions (IMMEDIATE ECONOMIC LOSS) and trillions (IN USA AND GLOBAL ECONOMIC LOSS).

Understand this, if this were to occur, there would be no financial system to speak of, no tradable market, the markets would not open, your gold stocks would be worthless and you would have no interest in gold (with survival being more highly prized).

The irresponsibility of some people, including Jim Sinclair, proves entirely that gold is not a reserve currency. It is an investment choice being now almost entirely driven by fear, innuendo, rumour and the like. And, I thought that followers of Jim Sinclair classed him as a credible analyst and respected media commentator. Instead, he seems now more intebd of parlaying the gold party and using fear and rumour to drive its reach further.

But, at least one thing. If February 2 were to eventuate, at least we would no longer be bothered with Jim Sinclair as he will likely be right in the path of the mushroom cloud, or of the prevailing wind streams as the radioactive fallout is carried far and wide.

As for DEBKAFILE, I well remember their near zero success rate with the Iraq war. No wonder Tariq Aziz never defected (as claimed by DEBKAFILE) in the opening 24 hours, Saddam was not killed, and Saddam's brother (the butcher) was not easily killed (as claimed by DEBKAFILE) no less than 4 times before finally getting it right.

So, let's get something right. We are not immune. What happens elsewhere will have a profound effect on us. Now, if only I can locate my signed first editon copy of ON THE BEACH by Nevile Shute.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.