RMS 3.61% $1.87 ramelius resources limited

'''But if memory serves me in the last recession gold plummeted...

1. 548 Posts.
    '''But if memory serves me in the last recession gold plummeted to the $700s. Not sure why it wont be the same again this time.'''

Gold touched 1000 approx feb 08, around oct 08 it reached the low point, and by feb 09 it was back to 1000. So within one year it was back to its highs and by aug 09 it had broken through those highs. So the question is,,, was it worthy to buy it on the last plunge? --> YES, you would be up over 50% on your money.

'''What will send gold to the moon is raging inflation usually found in a roaring economic boom. ''''

You mean like in Zimbabwe? lots of inflation there but no bread. That statement is completely wrong. What will send it to the moon is loss of confidence in paper money.

Besides the 70's had both high inflation and low growth anyway, so history has already proved that statement is incorrect.

'''Not sure a recession is going to serve your interests with regard to gold.'''

you mean like the US recession? the one we are experiencing now (depending on whether you believe the US ever got out of it)? Golds at 1240 as i write.

A recession is a period of negative economic growth. Gold will perform according to monetary policy (mostly).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.87
Change
-0.070(3.61%)
Mkt cap ! $2.137B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.93 $1.93 $1.87 $4.239M 2.259M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1484 $1.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.88 28072 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RMS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.