GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold and oil

1. 601 Posts.
    a global economic recovery from 2010 will spell the end of gold’s bull cycle.

I dont necessarily think this is totally true. Gold has been linked to oil and if you believe in Peak Oil then its hard to not have some gold. Look at Peak Oil Forecast below

Hedge against Peak Oil which I think is becoming more and more important

The picture from long term oil is not encouraging. Even if you don’t subscribe to the fear that oil will run out tomorrow, it is clearly going to become riskier by the year- technically, geologically, environmentally , economically and politically.

Peak Oil Imminent

While there is no agreement yet on the exact date that world oil production will peak, the degree of consensus among them is quite remarkable. Out of 21 studies, the statistical mean date is 2013 (excluding some of the biased oil company estimates), suggesting that the world may be facing shortfalls much sooner than expected.

Recently, CNN and Britain’s Independent also point out the reality of Peak Oil, acknowledging that world oil and gas reserves are as much as 80% less than predicted.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.