VRX 7.41% 2.9¢ vrx silica limited

gold and silver to come..., page-12

1. 1,011 Posts.
    sorry for the typo; made me sound like Julia...

I agree wholeheartedly with you and can share some experiences with you for what it is worh.

Over 40 years ago, I sold my fairly healthy parcel (for then) shares in a company @ $1.10 (paid $0.85) to enter a syndicated pool with my buddies as we believed there was substantial upside to follow, and our collective group funds would hold more weight. In the period it took to clear funds from the sale and have it ready to cash out, unlike todays sytems, it was $10.00+ and I could not believe how stupid I was for "being greedy". The following extract from Wikipedia completes the sad story...

"In September 1969, the mining company Poseidon NL made a major nickel discovery at Windarra in the Shire of Laverton, Western Australia. In early September their shares had been trading at $0.80, but as information about the discovery was released, the price rose until it was trading at $12.30 on October 1. After this, very little further information came to light, but the price continued to climb due to speculation; at one point, a UK broker suggested a value of up to $382 a share.

Poseidon shares peaked at an intraday high of $280 in February 1970, and fell rapidly thereafter."

The same could be said for Western Mining at the time when the share price was racing away and all of this at a time when the same Thaduna Copper Mine was producing for British Metal Corporation.

I guess we would all enjoy seeing a bonanza run again but talk about scary, one could not afford to take your eye off the ticker on St Georges Tce under Sherwood Court.

I guess the reality is, VRX has proven the deposit stands up to scrutiny, it is a matter of how much is achievable from the depths of the ground and, at what cost. This is going to dictate whether we have an $0.80 - $2.00 stock or a fizzer. I am betting on the former!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VRX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.