GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Gold and Ukraine, page-44

1. 44,246 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2012
    I don't view everything 'through the lens of Gold', my only idea when it comes to Gold is that it has held its value through thousands of years of human history and it will continue to do so. I am looking at the 'long game' of Gold always.

The missing piece of the puzzle in all the currency debasement that we have seen was always inflation. Gold bugs usually have a good knowledge of history, and they know what has happened in the past, and they know that patterns repeat due to human nature. We are not 'this time is different' thinkers. Now history is repeating again. Once inflation appears you are one significant step closer to the endgame, because this is not a problem you can cure by printing money. Printing money has been the favourite medicine of the state since 2008, and now this medicine is revealed as the poison that it always was.

There has been all sorts of abuse and insults hurled at people in this forum over the years. We talked about ZIRP, NIRP, helicopter money, Black Swans, QE, runaway inflation and more - and we were dismissed as crackpots and conspiracy theorists. But a funny thing happens when these things come to pass: they are quickly assimilated and adopted as the new normal, and no-one ever acknowledges that these things were once considered unthinkable.

Loks and his pals always look at the short game. They could gloat day to day, because the events that we said would happen were not happening on that given day. But events take time to play out. One day you wake up, and what you said would happen has happened. And the world has changed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.