GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Gold at AU$44,000/oz, page-114

1. 42,615 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1024
    @Crom Valen @Skol
    Both your views are in complete polarisation and there isn't any flexibility in both views.

Is this a case of knowing what will happen in the future or given the opportunity of a good windfall for putting up the risk to proactively manage? Both you guys are right and wrong along the way in that long term approach.

The stock market approach if I take out own stock index, it took 10 years from 2008 high to fulfill that massive damage of drawdown. Obviously depending on where one bought pre-GFC rout, some of the exposure are still underwater on an individual stock exposure. The same applies to the gold stock sector, fallen angels got completely wiped out. In the same manner if I had faith in Bear Stern or Citibank, it was either a complete wiped out or diluted to death.

Nobody I know has predicted consistently the future whether it is market crash, boom or whatever.... Those geniuses who took advantage of their goodwill calls pre-GFC are still trying to rub off on their lucky call ever since. Those who remained bulls right through GFC are also correct if you measure where the stock indices globally are right now.

How about making some predictions on whether Trump tariffs will contract global growth leading into a crash or slow down or bear market? How will a slow down/crash in global growth affect the safe buying of gold?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.