AON 8.33% 2.2¢ apollo minerals limited

Gold at Mars?, page-2

1. 7,303 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1087
    The initial drill results from Mars AT were certainly good grade and very encouraging.

"Drill hole 14AT003 intersected near surface, high grade gold including drilled thickness intersections of 4m at 5.0 g/t Au from 16 m down hole depth".

Hole 14AT002 targeted a dense body to the south of the Mars Aurora Tank Prospect and intersected intensely sheared mafic and granitic rocks showing evidence of multiple episodes of alteration resulting in development of chlorite, strong carbonate veining and sericitisation. This type of alteration is commonly associated with the development of economic gold and copper mineralisation in the Gawler Craton.

Previous drilling at MAT intersected 2 – 3 g/t Au across a number of holes. The combination of the Apollo result with the historic calcrete gold related intersections bodes well for the potential definition of a significant gold system at Mars Aurora Tank.

That's a 4m thick zone of 5g/t. That is a very good find along with previous drill strikes of 2 to 3 g/t.
    However this does need to be followed up with a second round of good grades with more drilling covering a wider area.
    We are a long way from proving up reserves, if any, but the signs are encouraging. The comparison to the Challenger mine is from a geological point, only 60km away SW of us and hosted in similar rock formations.
    I personally believe it is worth sticking around to see if Mars can deliver, I also think we should wait for the assays from the recent drill samples. It could well be that other base metals might give a strong indication.
    Why pay for expensive lab assays if you know the hole was a complete dud?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AON (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.2¢
Change
-0.002(8.33%)
Mkt cap ! $15.31M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.4¢ 2.4¢ 2.2¢ $7.54K 320K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 80000 2.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.4¢ 176154 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.21pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AON (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.