GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold breaks out of downtrend, page-54

1. 3,971 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 185
    Hi ocracoke,

Seeing as how you asked I transferred my tax cheque money over to the UK with the AUD being around the $1.09 mark. I waited for the normal pre-meeting kick down of the gold price and bought around the $1,550.00 mark. Now as we know the gold price has done little in the last few days sideways at best but with the AUD around the $0.98 mark I can’t complain. Particularly as over in the UK there is no capital gains tax on gold coins.

So given the choice of making money on let’s say Telstra and paying 47% tax on any profits or buying and holding gold in the UK I will stick to buying and stacking physical gold.

Please don’t worry yourself about all the physical gold I now own or the fact that I will continue to buy in the future. Keep on looking through your rose tinted glasses with the full employment in the USA, full aeroplanes and hardly a soul to think of living on food stamps and you will be fine.

By the way I am back in Queensland for a couple of weeks, enjoyed a lovely lunch today of coral trout washed down with a wonderful chardonnay so life is good. Over lunch I was wondering when I repatriate my gold money from the UK back to Oz will I do it when I can get two dollars for a pound or shall I wait for a better rate. Being such a financial genius I was hoping to get your advice on this matter.

Cheers and best regards: Andy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.