GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

skol i wasn't going to respond to your words Post #: 26508but to...

1. 2,182 Posts.
    skol i wasn't going to respond to your words Post #: 26508
    but to be honest mate, i feel obliged to, you pooor misguided soul......
    look at the gold miners............. haven’t they followed the price of gold higher??
    the ones i bought,( apart from RAU and NAV) are all up and by considerable margins........

if you think gold is going up then its logic to suspect gold miners are going to increase in profitability too.

i don't care that 'Ron Paulson' has bought a real estate company to be honest. i don't care for the crazies calling gold to skyrocket either. I'm certain there are far cleverer people than i am and maybe he sees a bottom, or at least he can see some way to make money form it, as the crazies hope to also, but he is not the market, and at the moment there is far more going on in the world than the POG and the US housing market... but conversely, they will both be affected in the coming months.
    the amount of gold being acquired and not released by central bankers world wide is increasing, so its also likely that they will soak up any increased production.
    remember, GOLD is not like any other commodity, it is a fear driven form of asset class and has a track record far, far longer than any other form of investment as a place to retreat to when all the schemes go t!ts up.
    So while i wasn't going to reply, i just had to, as its obvious you just don't get it mate!!.
    You have an optimistic outlook on the world. i don't, many here share my feelings and thats a fundamental difference.
    gold is and has continued to go up in sync with money supply, since we entered this cycle and that cycle is still ongoing, the GFC was a precursor of what happens when there is too much debt, but that time they were able to use the big influx of money to push this problem into the future, it didn't solve the problem, it just meant that when we finally do run out of people willing to take the risk on debt, be it tax payers, politicians with kahunas or the central banks themselves, then we are all in for a very very hard landing. so in this scenario, with money continually being added to the national debts of bankrupt states, why is is not going to continue to go ever upwards.
    only reason i could come up with is if money supply will slow down assuming things improve world wide??
    and sadly, also worryingly I cant see it. when the US gets to have the same levels of unemployment as spain and Greece, then no amount of paper is going to make one iota of difference. trust, hope , fear and greed drive this market...understand on where and which one of those four pillars are in the ascendency and you can make ride the emotion and make a little money. thats all us gold bugs are doing. in ten years time i wont give a rat's about the POG probably. will have moved on to whatever it is thats driving out the masses.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.