GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold breaks out, page-452

1. 5,440 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 575
    Now, Skolly, wherever you are, we all gave you more credit than this: "Articles supporting gold at the moment seem to be few and far between"

Mate, if you based your entire investing decicisions on 'some articles' you are indeed unusual. You are not technical and you are not fundamental. You are a lemming. And we know you aint that.

'Articles' are not the fundamentals behind gold. Let us not rehash. But you do know the fundamentals us gold bulls watch. The fundamentals do not weaken behind gold. That is why I try to get chat re Obmama vs Romney. It surprises me noone is interested in that.

re your technical call (re the recent weakness) - I am not much of a technical guy; to me it is a bit like astrology or trying to figure out what somebody dumber than me will do (actually, maybe that will be good to predict the future with the charts - but I have challenged techos to even admit they may be wrong - but they always say 'I am 100% - or close to 100% - correct' Then I get to techos on the opposite side reading the same chart and 100% sure of opposites. That is why I am not a techo.

Rabbit - I see you over on BDR with me. That is kind of fun hey. They dont even have time to look at their find in Oz that may be bigger than all they have.

Rabbit - like you I notice the disconnect between goldies/producers and the gyrations in gold. I can see for sure the 'sentiment' behind gold miner buyers is around 1600 to 1650. When we got $100 over that the shares do not move a lot up. Even when we got below that 1600 for while, the shares did not fall much.

This is different to about 18 months ago, when every price rise produced nothing, but every price fall produced a big fall in goldies. I think 18 months ago the POG uptick was not believed. I think all buyers of miners thought 1300 or 1400 was the true price. So ups in the share prices were very subdued and any downs were exaggerated.

Skol, being a fundamental guy and a buyer of miners (I missed the boat on the true physical surge) I dont worry about 5 or 7% up or down. I used to. But now I think I am a seasoned, thick skin.

Let me ask you a straight question. If we were playing a game of unders/overs re POG, what do you say for 1 July 2013. I would say $1800. That is why I buy miners profitable at 1600. What do you say, Skol? What is your under / over 50 / 50 price?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.