CQT 0.00% 51.5¢ conquest mining limited

gold bull run just beginning

1. 744 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I have been unashamedly bullish on gold (and silver) for many years now, and gold was only about US$650/oz when I bought my first CQT share back in late 2007. Gold has since increased to over US$1500, yet despite this massive increase, there has been dogged resistance by the mainstream investing community to get on the gold wagon - in fact, at every opportunity the mainstream has been warning that gold was in a bubble, that the end was nigh etc etc etc...

well boys & girls, I think we saw something in the last week that may in fact be the signal that the gold bull run has finally, actually, just begun...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-15/texas-university-endowment-holds-almost-1-billion-in-gold-bars.html

this is BIG news for the physical gold market, and this was IMHO, the metaphorical starters gun going off...

if very big, very serious investors like UTIMCO have committed a large swag of cash (albeit still less than 5% of their total holdings) to a physical gold position, they are sending a very loud message that they are losing trust in paper assets - in many years to come these guys may be blamed for the start of the demise of the fractional banking system (if it unfolds - who knows, maybe Ben Bernanke can print his way out of this HUGE mess?).

when you add the UTIMCO move to the recent move by PIMCO to ditch all their US Treasuries and actually start shorting US Treasuries (a unique move for a bond fund!), you have two very serious signals that should not be ignored!!!

so getting back onto the CQT topic, in light of the move in gold, and the two very serious signals listed above, I am left with the question; when will the true value of the CQT assets be realised? In particular the Mt Carlton assets?

I think a crude dissection of the current CQT undiluted $325m mkt cap would suggest $100m is probably attributable to Pajingo/Twin Hills/Monto, $40m in cash (give or take a few million) so the balance of $185m is attributable to Mt Carlton - this is IMHO a joke given the multi billion dollar value of the in-situ gold, silver & copper!!

surely there is a significant value creation uplift coming for CQT shareholders one day?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CQT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.