GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

thanks Pug-read that inverted head and shoulders only works on a...

1. 804 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    thanks Pug

-read that inverted head and shoulders only works on a bottom today somewhere monogram ?

anyway SP's post was good and made sense -I think there is a good chance that those who pick the right juniors (with all the help here on HC) and stick with them will do very well

but then investing is all about time and timing and its an awful long time to stick with it isn't it ? from when -2000?

-and then you have to find the right company

-and that fall last year with emerging producers was a drop of around 80% from the peak

the emerging producers index (from GoldOz) is substantially below where it was in 2004 and the Juniors index that peaked in 2007 is about the same level as it was in 2004

and then from early 2002 to late 2005 and then again in 06/07 gold in AUD drifted sideways

can't blame someone for mucking about with his money in-between charges by the gold bull and getting a little anxious

and if you had stuck your money in the bank on a term deposit you would still be way ahead of producers and emerging producers here in Oz over the last 5 years

all sorts of other things go into the mix I reckon

DIY super fellows like me don't pay any capital gains tax
    so playing safe is no big deal (might be dead before the bull gets killed!)

and cash is still King for a while and there is always a need for good TA to know when to get back into gold/money as fixed interest fizzles on term deposits or whatever

but last and not least I'm one of the mob that thinks doomsday has been deferred for a year or so and there is a real risk of another leg down for this bear on the producer's indexes that started in early 2006

and then maybe in a year or so I'd be a bit happier to "hold for the long term" again some of the juniors once someone has sorted the financial mess - which isn't once in a generation but a once in many generations/end of empire/global credit armageddon by the way

and although I'm one who thinks that he who has the gold wins I wouldn't want to bet the house on it

or believe that hold for the long term is the way to go either or believe in anything for that matter

-sometimes think we are all right here so keep up the good work SP!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.