GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

I have decided to move back into the gold sector this week. Got...

1. 2,040 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 529
    I have decided to move back into the gold sector this week.

Got very lucky getting into nst before the trading halt.

I like the hammer formed on the monthly bar charts for the usd POG. I also like the weakness in AUD price. IMO the Aussie will continue falling over the next year based on a few national factors but mostly the China worry and the effect it's likely to have on Australia. Trump isn't making it easier waging war on trade with China either. As a protective bet against Chinese impact on aus economy and further aud devaluation as a result, it should be a minimal risk investment to hold physical gold or for higher risk choose the right gold company. I am mostly in it to try and be defensive and to diversify a little.

There is no doubt that gold futures have been a losing bet the last couple of years but some goodies have performed. I'm mostly focused on nst now. This is where I think finding value under 1200 POG could be possible. With some Stockmarket indexes reaching record highs, and bond yields moving up, there is no doubt why gold is unattractive right now. However, seeing the recent short positions still open and the bounce from ~1160 to 1200, it gives me more confidence to come in and try and grab a reasonable price for some goodie stocks.

I won a reasonable bet on trump winning the election, but i wonder if my other prediction will come true- impeachment.

It's interesting times indeed right now and I can say it's been much harder making money the last few months on opposed to last year. I do see value right now in starting to add gold positions to the portfolio as weak sentiments are good for buying.

I look forward to the next FOMC meeting in September. IMO we could see buy the rumour sell the fact as I imagine people see a September rate hike- I know I do. Also it could follow with a more dovish tone to lessen the impact on us markets?

All speculation of course but I don't see too much downside from 1160 to panic about. I await a bit of short covering in the coming weeks. But expect just to hold 1200 for now.

GLTAH and always DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.