GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Skol your answer insinuates my intent is not based on a factual...

1. 2,158 Posts.
    Skol your answer insinuates my intent is not based on a factual investment basis and this is insulting and wrong. I have been right so far - so what is wrong with that? I don't understand your attitude at all, I granted you the good grace for your success and you choose to rubbish and accuse.

The rising cost of production is not a 'positive' what an off beat statement. It is a 'negative' and a fact - look at the company 5B reports, not the patter on the front page of the quarterlies. Not that I thought you have done that.

I am talking about the 'total cost' when I say 'cost' because I am a professional and that is the real figure. This is the only meaningful figure so get your facts right and drop the emotion if you want a sensible conversation not an argument.

He is talking cash cost (C1) and not wrong - for the lower cost quartile of the industry only. I don't need your source it is common knowledge to those that have actually researched this.

Of course it varies across the industry I am quoting factual averages but since you want to cherry pick (like 15 years ago for property) to support your 'view' of gold you are welcome to believe gold is what ever you like. Wrong from $1100 to $1900 and still wrong IMO. I have to wonder about a guy posting rot like this, what he is doing in a gold forum under a nic.

A thorough understanding of mining as a business is required (and a specialized area) before you start making sweeping statements if you do not want to make a goose of yourself.

The GFC only heightened the need for gold - the price low statistic you use started during the oversold low in 2008 and was only 2.7x the absolute low in 2001 and under 80% of the 1980 price - look at the chart for goodness sake. Gold was liquid and that was a liquidity crunch this is a pointless discussion and I only answer for other readers not you.

Now Skol you are here to cause trouble only so I challenge you to put your money where your mouth is - I am long you can go short - if not you are just baiting and not here for genuine investment discussion.

Clearly you don't like somebody coming back with a logical highly researched discussion. 'Greater fool' is just another insult and true for any asset class AT THE TOP only. Even the term gold bug is a bit of an insult - I see bugs on the windscreen of my car and wash them off. This is serious successful investing like it or not.

Difficulties won't happen - really. Well I am happy for you to believe that; discussion closed.

CW

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.