GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

gold chat, page-277

1. 2,182 Posts.
    thanks skol, nice of you to address that to me... hahahah
    not sure if i am also a crevice dweller in your eyes, or that you can see im not a gold bug, as such, just a keen investor.
    pimpco seem to disagree with your thoughts on inflation being a 'non event'
    the idea that the wedding season is not kicking in is an odd one, and maybe you are a bit premature calling that one, as the gold 'trinkets' they will buy are already in indian jewelers hands!!
    So the importing of replacement raw materials will begin after october/november, for that is when devalhi and the festival season are in full swing.
    just hope the indians see they better start now to buy back up bullion, as the replacement costs will mean a loss on each one they sell between now and then with the prices building a head of steam to push higher.

I also dont think you should seek a connect between oils and gold and say they will move in tandem in any future shock...
    we discussed the disconnect with oils and gold before and my opinion was clear........ they are like chalk and cheese,
    My feelign is that oil is far more prone to an economic slowdowns when everything is scaled back, due to less industrial output needing less energy input.. ( makes sense dunnit?) But gold, being its old self will be seen as 'insurance' against inflation, and inflation will come as more and more QE will be brought in worldwide to stem the slow down.

However we are getting ahead of ourselves, next up will be a concerted effort by europe and other central banks, (including the FED quite possibly) to fund the bankrupt states and stop the debtor nations from rushing to call in their loans... cause lets face it, that's what they are doing, they are not at all interested with stimulating economies, the money is for the banks, to bolster confidence in lending and stop fear spreading.
    so we will see a collective sigh of releif once teh money is created, and we can maybe ride it for 6 to 12 months, but the debt will still be there and it will stifle growth, and then we are back here again.
    as for telstra, you were right mate, i could have and should have gone for a defensive stock like that or wesfarmers, but TLS divi is always a tempting return.
    until the price correction. but you probably sold out didnt you at the top and took teh gross profit, not the divi??
    anywa, i asked you to put a price in at which point you will be gracious and admit that you called the gold bull run wrong, so $2000, $2500++ more, some here have said $10,000, take your pick?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.