GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Why are we seeing a large increase in the number of predictions...

1. 436 Posts.
    Why are we seeing a large increase in the number of predictions of $5000 gold (and higher)???

This is my take...

At no point (since I can remember) has the general populace been as aware of what's happening in the economy than they are now.

We have a situation where a very high fraction of people are becoming aware of the roles of central banks, the large financial institutions, government spending and debt etc etc etc...

Why is this???

These institutions were running a system that was so ridiculously perverse that even the best fiction author couldn't have dreamt them up. We (normal people) left them (the banks etc... ) alone for a few decades - they sounded boring so we just let them do their thing....... And what did they do????

They invented the most heinous financial products that have ever existed - tied the economy into knots that a queen scout couldn't untie and brought the entire financial system crashing to the most monumental halt we've ever seen.

Then when the dust settled we said... "hang on - you're just boring old bankers... what the hell have you been up to all these years???"

and they said...
    "oh nothing much... we just invented a host of financial derivative products such as Credit Default Swaps and Collateralised Debt Obligations that no one REALLY knows how to value and then sold several hundred trillion dollars worth. Oh, btw, AIG decided to hedge their insurance products 1000:1 and then sell policies on all these SUPER-SAFE-HAPPY-TIMES derivative products... To be perfectly honest - we don't really know where it all went wrong"

So what happened? ... well, the mess was so large that (despite overwhelming fraud, duplicity, guilt, reprehensible actions) we just had to bail them out. Normal rules couldn't be applied...

And I think this next point is the KEY,

How did this look from a third person perspective??

People around the world witnessed the largest financial crimes in history and NOT ONLY did no one go to prison (or, hang on a sec... dare I say it, convicted and executed!) they saw them get away without charges AND GETTING BAILED OUT AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!!!

That was like a kick in the guts while we're getting kicked in the guts

So now where are we now? We're in a situation where normal, everyday people are spending lots of time, effort and energy watching every move that governments, banks etc make. The level of distrust is STRATOSPHERIC!

And in this environment (just like in America in 2003 - you could say almost ANYTHING about iraq and terrorism as long as you prefaced it with "in the interest of national security") you get crazy people to coming out and saying things like,

"banks are mental... fiat currency is only good for toilet paper... RAH RAH RAH !!!! .. buy ammo, tinned food and GOLD!... RAH RAH RAH !!!"

so that's what I think is happening... since you all asked ;-)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.