"those leading economists have proven to be wrong."No they...

1. 5,647 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5

"those leading economists have proven to be wrong."

No they haven't. They continue to be proven correct. What are you reading?

"Early on you have attacked my views on what i mentioned in my last post. But not lately."

Attacked or debated? lol. I would have assumed the real world experience and data had resolved the debate. So respectfully, you are still wrong.

Every path was fraught. A world of least worst options. This has been mishandled by Morrison's government from the beginning with the exception of the China travel ban and initial quarantines from Wuhan and the Diamond Princess in early Feb.

No one sane actually recommended eliminating the virus from Earth. The cat was out of the bag. It was always functional elimination within our borders as we largely see now. It was such a tiring game of semantics that one could but roll their eyes.

International borders should have been closed at the first uptick after Iran and Italy were engulfed. They weren't which led to the crippling first wave and much of the debt outlay. All evidence was showing the first cases from Wuhan in Australia were of the less transmissable original mutation. It subsequently mutated during Feb to become much more contagious and which then engulfed Iran and Italy.

State borders were best closed. Early on it was noted that Germany had achieved great results due to it not being a national plan but each individual German 'state' had responsibility for their own jurisdiction. It was believed this was being effective because states not only took greater responsibility for their own virus fight but also states didn't want to underperform their counterparts. Just as we have seen in Oz.

Waiting for the vaccine is the wise choice and nothing has changed.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.